When looking for shared hosting, it will be a good idea to find out as much as possible about the site. Experts will know a great deal about the pros and cons, but it can be just as important to get the views of everyday users. This Host gator review will give you answers to some of the many questions you may have had.
When reading a review, you need to consider what is important to you. One person’s idea of a good site will not be another’s, so don’t worry if it is marked down in areas that are of no interest to you. Also, check if the review is of the latest product as an older one may have many issues that have been ironed out in the latest one.
There had been a couple of issues discussed regarding Hostgator and users have spoken about them.
- Speed – initial comments led to the understanding that this was not a fast service. Certain reports have given a load time of just 821ms. The new service provides sped of about 300ms – more than a couple of times faster than its predecessor.
- Uptime – this has also seen a great improvement. At one time uptime was quoted at 99.85% but since the changes, has risen to a great 100%.
There is also free migration, so this is another box that can be ticked.
Although you may not be aware of the reason why, you are bound to have heard of HostGator, and this is because it is one of the biggest web hosts available. An estimated 9 million domain names are covered and so it is safe to assume that they are doing well and keeping customers happy.
Why the Success?
Many have asked this and there is a myriad of answers. The uptime level is great and if there are problems, customer support has proved to be exceptional. Others say they are lucky as they have a large marketing budget and can reach a massive audience.
When the research results were in, this is what had been discovered.
- Not only is this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year, but there are several ways to contact the firm. You can reach them by phone, via email. or if you prefer it, live chat. When tested, this was partially confirmed.
- Refund Guarantee. Rather than the standard 30-day money back guarantee offered by most in the industry, HostGator go a little further and extend this to 45.
- Free Migration. If you do decide to change and become a customer of HostGator, they will arrange to transfer everything for you and this will be free of charge.
- High level Security. Considering that the price is not too bad, there are data base backups daily, malware removal as standard, and for occasions when transactions are carried out, a free SSL certificate.
- Help for Beginners. Many people are put off web hosts as they fear they will not be able to understand how they work. Many do seem to make it difficult for the newbie, but this is not the case here. Along with an extensive FAQ page, there are tutorials that can be accessed, and several documents that will hold the users hand as they allay every fear that may arise.
- Uptime – this fell below the standard 99.9%
- Added Costs. There are instant back-ups, but they are charged for.
- Low prices come with a long sign up period and for a short time only.
This host gator review is not exhaustive, but does cover all the main points.